Sony Rear Projection @ Comet

I rec'd this TV just before Christmas, from Comet online. I did get the stand, and I didn't even pay a penny for it!!!

The TV is great, I'm very pleased with the screen. I use a Liteon upscale DVD recorder (VERY cheap @£99 from Curries, but great quality) with the supplied (with the DVD not the TV) HDMI cable (i.e. cheap cable) and the quality of DVD playback is stunning @ 720p; not so great @ 1080i.

Built in Freeview is great for me, rich colours and very stable. Wii console looks great as well.

Very Happy.

Ian

Did you get the 50 or the 42

I got the 42, it just fits in the space that i have and looks ideal for a room of this size.

Next on the plan is a sound system, thinking about the yamaha ysp speaker, I hate cables....

No idea what I am going to do with the stand btw, I don't use it. Thought about ebaying it but the postage is crazy for such a large and heavy box.

Ian

Should be taking delivery of TV + 2 shelf stand sometime today. Will post some pics as soon as I can.

Anyone else got any pics of theirs showing it up and running?

Can you please post details of your optimum settings preferences e.g. colour, contrast, etc?

Thanks

Picture Settings....The main things to do are to turn the Noise Reduction off, the iris to low or off.

Contrast 60-72
Brightness 60
Sharpness 22

Colour.. wherever you prefer.

Thanks m8.

I'll get some photos up later, was busy last night.

Looking good at the moment, no dead pixels or mis-alignment, that I can see at present, touch wood. I think it probably fits the lounge slightly better than the faulty 50" one I had before so, so far so good.

Have seen comments about the size of the holes at the back of the stand through which you post your cables. This is true in that the holes are slightly too small. Scratched the finish on the inside of one of my holes just posting a scart cable through it. Bad design by Sony.

Where's a good retailer to get a reasonably priced DVI - HDMI lead?

Thanks

Can't flamin' believe it. I've got a dead/stuck pixel right in the middle od the screen.

That's two of these TVs I've had now, one 50" and one 42" both with this problem. Am I just very unlucky or are the rest of you folks with these models just not looking that closely at yours?

Mine turned up :)

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00370.jpg