Sony RDRHXD870, Panasonic DMREX77 or LG RH278? Which DVD recorder would u recommend?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dammo qwirky, Jan 21, 2008.

1. dammo qwirky

dammo qwirky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello wise ones!

I am in the process of buying

Panasonic TV TX32LXD700 (TV)
    Onkyo TXSR605 (Home Theatre)
    Jamo A102 HCS5 (Speakers)

and I need a DVD recorder with hard drive to finish it off.

I have shortlisted to

Panasonic DMREX77
    Sony RDRHXD870
    LG RH278

and cant make my mind up which one. I think the Panasonic or Sony seem better, and I saw the Sony has a Jukebox function for storing CDs which I quite like sound of (not sure if the others have same facility?).

Which of these would any of u recommend to me? Also any recommendations for HDMI leads, speaker cable etc would be very much appreciated.

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
  3. dammo qwirky

dammo qwirky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the links Gav, very useful.

Do u (or anyone else) know if the Panny has the same jukebox function as the Sony? I quite like that facility.

I noticed one doesnt have optical output and one doesnt have coaxial output. How would the lack of either affect me?

Also, I have Virgin Media and have wireless senders transmitting the signal from living room into bedroom (as not allowed wiring in a rented apartment). Do u know whether itd be possible to watch the freeview on the TV in living room while it transmitted the Virgin Media signal to the TV in bedroom?

Appreciate yer help very much.

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    No. It does not have that facility.
    Depending on what your amp requires, if the machine you buy doesn't match , you can get an optical to coax converter or vice versa.

Some examples here: http://www.google.co.uk/products?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=optical++to+coaxial+converter&um=1&ie=UTF-8
    Only provided you have an aerial for the DVDR so that it can act as a separate independent source using it's own tuner.. If Virgin is your only source, then no.... unless the virgin is a dual tuner unit.