1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony rdrhxd710

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oatcake1, Oct 29, 2005.

1. oatcake1

oatcake1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi I have a sony rdrhxd710 dvd recorder
    and the problem I have with the digital tuner is ghosting
    when I am using the digital tuner you can see pictures from the analogue in the background for instance lines moving across the screen lettering in the background
    this very annoying
    does anyone knows what causes it? is it removable?
    many thanks for your reply

2. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since the Sony doesn't have an analogue tuner itself, I would say it is probably down to the particular SCART cable connecting your Sony to the TV, allowing a sort of "crosstalk". I get exactly this problem on my Panasonic DMR-E55 (not digital) as it has a relatively cheap cable connecting it to the TV - I'll get around to upgrading the cable sometime but it's not my primary setup anyway so I'm being slow and inefficient about it. In fact, with this recorder, the moving lines etc. show up particularly when the onscreen menus taking up the full screen are on, which I suppose is a more "digital" output than my recorder's analogue tuner. With a rather posh heavily shielded cable that I use on my main setup substituted, the problem disappears.

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Generally that occurs with a poor reception - have you tried a booster aerial or plug-in booster to raise the signal strength?
    If so, then see if you can get hold of another to see if it's machine specific or not.

4. richardr

richardr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Not on a digital tuner. You often get pixalisation and picture break-up, but not ghosting.

Given you say you see the analogue picture in the background, and the rdrhxd710 doesn't have an analogue tuner, it sounds possible it is added at the TV. Try turning the TV channel manually over to whatever the dedicated RGB input is, e.g. EXT1, etc., and see if the problem remains.

5. geekdude

geekdude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the problem you have is related to the scart cable. a) low quality not screened well. also b) most TV output the signal from the internal analogue tuner via scart 1 . Try using scart 2 this on most TV's is only an input and the crosstalk will disappear. But do get a better quality scart cable it will also improve the picture quality.