• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY RDRHXD560 will not start

gbqgqc

Standard Member
Having just come back from holiday my HXD560 wont start. It just sits there with the WELCOME message on the display. It doesn't matter whether I unplug it or hold the on button down for ten seconds, it will not switch on.

Has anybody else experienced this problem, and is there a cure, or do I have to throw it away?:lease:

sila1999

Established Member
One cause can be the SATA cable that has gone faulty, the other is that the DC-DC convertor is not stabilised and thus will require a part to be replaced IC601 6-708-889-01 IC MP2105DJ-LF-Z.
If you are good working with SMD devices and confident then send me a PM and i will send you the 2 service bulletins.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Thanks sila1999, could you please translate your reply into english:confused:

The SATA cable is the drive cable (these days serial ATA is used rather than IDE).
The DC/DC converter refers to the power supply circuitry.
SMD = Surface Mount Device - small with close together leads and so not easy to solder).

From your response, I guess you need to get a repair engineer's estimate, although replacing the SATA cable should be a simple enough DIY job.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom