Sony Rdrhx900

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by giorgio, Mar 7, 2005.

1. giorgio

giorgio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:
    Hi
    Just bought the sony rdrhx900 with the intention of dubbing all my old Digital8 and Mini DV Camcorder Tapes. Performed a test yesterday: linked my Sony Digital8 Camcorder with DV link and tried different picture qualities when copying to HDD. The picture qualities were good, but the bad news was that the sound was either missing (in the HDD copy) or completely distorted !!
    I then tried with my newest Sony Mini-DV tapes, again by using the iLink input into the HX900 : exactly same results : no sound or completely distorted.

Please can anybody help? What do I need to do to sort this out. Otherwise I will need to return to the retailer.

Thanks
    Giorgio

2. jvr911

jvr911
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try recording your tapes using the analogue output from your cameras to line2 input on the front of your RDRHX900 and if this works then this will prove that there is a problem with the i link input which would require the attention of your supplier.
    Victor.

3. giorgio

giorgio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried that alternative as well (Line 2 input) and it was the same result. I needed to return the dvd recorder, as it was faulty. Bought another one and this one is ok.

Thanks for the help :)