Sony RDRHX525 DVD/HDD Recorder and Freeview via our TV

arf005

Hello,

looking for some help here....

We've had this Sony model KD-28DX51U 28" crt with integrated freeview tuner for a while now but couldn't record any freeview onto video unless the tv was left on! Not ideal.....

We've recently purchased the Sony Bravia KDFE50A12, for our home cinema room, and along with it a Sony RDRHX525 DVD/HDD Recorder for the 28"crt....but, I'm wondering if we are going to have the same problem when trying to record onto it......

This model doesn't have an integrated freeview tuner (the next model up did but it was £500) so the freeview feed will have to come through the tv, but in the past, even if the tv is on stand-by, we end up recording a blank screen.....

Any thoughts......????

Cheers,
Ali

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I would suspect that you will have exactly the same problem with the DVD recorder if it doesn't have an inbuilt Freeview tuner. All you are doing is recording the output of the television so it needs to be on and displaying the channel you want to record, which is far from ideal.
You can buy standalone Freeview tuners that you could connect to the DVD Recorder so that this is possible without having the TV switched on.

arf005

Yeah, thanks for that, it's pretty much what I'd guessed......although I was kind of hoping this wasn't the case.......
Cheers,
Ali

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom