Sony RDRGX350B-CEX output

timfg

Seriously considering one of these, solely for archiving from Sky - particularly for the £80 you can currently get it. I note that the Sony provides an upscaled 1080p output via HDMI - can anyone confirm that this is optional ie the box can be set to output SD? I don't particularly (or at all) want my Panasonic to have to downscale a previously upscaled input, nor do I think this box is likely to do a better job of the scaling in the first place...

jdp1962

Seriously considering one of these, solely for archiving from Sky - particularly for the £80 you can currently get it. I note that the Sony provides an upscaled 1080p output via HDMI - can anyone confirm that this is optional ie the box can be set to output SD? I don't particularly (or at all) want my Panasonic to have to downscale a previously upscaled input, nor do I think this box is likely to do a better job of the scaling in the first place...

The setup menu includes an HDMI output option that allows you to set the output resolution to where you want it, including 576i IIRC. Mine is set at 1080i

timfg

Or you can just use RGB out via scart.

Indeed, that hadn't actually occurred to me.... But I prefer HDMI, digital data etc

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom