sony RDRGX300 probs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vince_vega, Dec 16, 2004.

1. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi all i am in need of a bit of help, since buying the sony dvd recorder i have noticed a couple of niggling problems, First of all whenever i watch a dvd i have to turn the sound on my tv nearly full blast, its quite annoying because if you forget to turn down the tv and stop the dvd it blows your eardrums out!!! The second problem i have is when watching a retail dvd there is a slight ghosting around the images, It is not background images from the tv, but it seems to be from the dvd itself! for instace if there is a single person on screen there will be an outline of that person around them also any straight lines show up these images too! can anyone help me? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Are you watching DVD's on a TV, Plasma, or LCD monitor.

I have come across a similar problem on my plasma display and it was due to the DVD player being setup to display it's picture to a TV as standard rather than a plasma display.

Apparently some DVD players apply edge enhancement to make TV pictures look sharper. This is not required for LCD or plasma sets and can lead to a halo effect round objects.

It maybe worth checking any DVD settings for picture display and check they match your present setup.

3. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    thanks for the reply, i am just watching the dvds on a bog standard 32" panasonic widescreen tv