1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDRGX300 ½price in Argos ..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RMCF, Sep 9, 2005.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
  2. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    ...and a good machine it is too - I have one purchased last year when they were full price (!) and never had any problems with it. A solid good perfoming machine. Only draw back is - no hard drive really - but if, like me, you are not too worried about this, then £149 is a bargain - it provides excellent pictures and sound and got top marks in magazine reviews at the end of last year.

Paul

3. chrisowe

chrisowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Wouldn't it be better to buy a RDRGX210 ?

4. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recommend the PYE PRV645 from ASDA at £99.95. Editing is so much easier than my Sony GX 210 and more accurate too, almost frame accurate as compared to the Sony (12 frames advance after pause). Ok, it doesn't have 1 hr mode or a DV input but it is made by Phillips and it has a 2x mode for 2.5 hr recordings, very useful for films on TV.

5. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    ... if it were not 25% more expensive
    ... if the critical RGB/composite problems have been sorted out.

6. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Is this really the case? Most Philips derivatives can only edit to the nearest I-frame, which is certainly not "frame accurate".

7. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have proved it, inserting chapter marks at 1 frame past required edit start point and then 1 frame past edit end point and select hide marked chapter I then make my disc DVD compatable and play it in my Schneider player and record onto DV+R. When played back there is a very slight pause when the hidden chapter is skipped but the marked points are adhered to.

8. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Interesting - but how do you determine that your chapter marks are just one frame past the required edit point?

9. SuperGoku

SuperGoku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are the Sony RDRGX 300 and RDRGX210 Multi region?

10. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have done editing with my various VHS recorders, SLV615 (3 frames past required edit point), SLV800 (15 frames) and Sharp 722 (6 frames before edit point, tricky to judge that one).

I got the technique sorted when doing VHS edits. When I press pause on my SLV800 and then "record", the tape moves back by 15 frames so I count 15 frames forward from the required edit point and then press record, thus ensuring when my VHS tape moves back 15 frames, the subsequent recording starts at the correct frame.

I select a pause point, move one frame at a time until a scene change (for example 50 frames) and then mark a chapter. I then hide the subsequent frames until the required chapter for continuation of play. When I have done the edit, I play back the edited chapter frame by frame until I know where the edit point should be and count forwards until the chapter shows hidden (say 44 frames). I now know that if I play back the chapter until it is 6 frames past the required point and press "mark" when I play the edited title back, the hidden chapter starts at the correct point.
    If the recorder couldn't pinpoint exact frames then the edit points would vary according to the timecode of any given title since not all adverts start exactly at the same point in one second of video.