• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony RDR-HXD995 – Bravia Sync into a Sony LCD

CJROSS

Sony RDR-HXD995 – Bravia Sync into a Sony LCD

Chaps I have just sold my silver Sony RDR-HXD860 as I am trying to get black fascias on all my AV gear, one thing that I noticed on the the old 860 was that it would not work off the TVs (40W4000) remote control under Bravia sync when hooked up via HDMI.

So my question is what models after the 860 featured the Bravia synch function ?, I am veering towards the 995 as I loved the quality of DVD & recordings on the 860. So I am staying with the marque.

Gavtech

Administrator
So my question is what models after the 860 featured the Bravia synch function ?, I am veering towards the 995 as I loved the quality of DVD & recordings on the 860. So I am staying with the marque.

The whole of the current range of '90 and '95 suffix series have Bravia sync.

CJROSS

The whole of the current range of '90 and '95 suffix series have Bravia sync.

Gav would the 870 ? I need a black Sony RDR-HXD player with Bravia Sync.

Gavtech

Administrator
Gav would the 870 ? I need a black Sony RDR-HXD player with Bravia Sync.

The 870 has Bravia Theatre sync....which I think has some differences.

I'll look into it and report back.

Gavtech

Administrator
The Theatre Sync system [870 -When connected by HDMI only] gives the following features:

One touch Play

System Power off

The Bravia Sync System [ '90 + 95 series via HDMI ] gives the above but in addition provides 'Bravia Sync Display' which allows you to control the recorder by pushing the 'Sync Menu' button on the TV remote.

[Only applies to TV's that Have a Sync menu button. ]

CJROSS

Cheers Gav, I have had some funny moments with the 860/40W4000LCD, no HDMI synching works on the TV handset. But funnily enough if I select say the TV/LD input on my remote commander my elderly but lovely old Sony 925 QS AV amp it switches AV inputs on the TV from HDMI to AVI !!! the amp remote standby turns off all Sony Equipment within range, including DVD-R, TV and amp itself.

Thanks for the clarification on the Bravia sync will definitely be going for a 890, 895, 995. When I see one for a reasonable price.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom