Sony rdr-hxd970 locked up need help

howardg

Standard Member
Is there any way to get my newly bought sony rdr-hxd970 to respond. When switched on I can hear the faint whir of the Hdd and WELCOME displayed on the front lcd. It wont respond to any of the remote control commands nor the buttons on the unit. I have rebooted by holding down the standby button and it reverts back to this state. Has anyone experienced this with a Sony machine.

Any advice appreciated

ROYOLD

It could be faulty I suppose but have you connected a proper aerial. The first thing that most dvd recorders do on switch on is find the time from the TV broadcast then autotune the TV channels.

My latest Panasonics will no do anything on switching on the mains unless they can find the time to set the clock and this needs the aerial connected.

howardg

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. I havent attached an aerial as I really only use SKY but I will give this a try. There is no mention of this in the manual.

howardg

Standard Member
I attached an aerial to first the analogue connector and then the digital input. Neither changed the WELCOME message. The machine seems to have locked up. It did work for about 2 hours when I attached SKY and made a recording to the HDD. I checked the recording which seemed fine. I kept the machine on and watched SKY through the machine and after about 15 mins it shut down. When I rebooted it still allowed me watch the SKY broadcast but wont allow me to do anything else - it wont respond to remote control or on board buttons.

Seems like its faulty and Ive lost the recording made to the HDD.

ROYOLD

Guess its faulty then and needs replacing. I would have suggested doing a shipping condition re-install but if neither the remote or onboard buttons work then you are stymied.

Shutting down after fifteen mins could have been a power saving option. Apart from two Sony VCR's all my machines are Panasonic so not familiar with this top range Sony.

As it's a new machine I would contact the supplier for advice.

M

mrfreeview

Is there any way to get my newly bought sony rdr-hxd970 to respond. When switched on I can hear the faint whir of the Hdd and WELCOME displayed on the front lcd. It wont respond to any of the remote control commands nor the buttons on the unit. I have rebooted by holding down the standby button and it reverts back to this state. Has anyone experienced this with a Sony machine.

Any advice appreciated

I suggest that you call the SONY help line and report the problem. The answer back from them will no doubt be the machine needs to be replaced.

However you should ask for a fault reference number and then when you return the machine to the retailer quote the reference number. T

hen if there is any dispute from the retailer you can demonstrate that you have taken advice from the SONY help desk.

I hope my post has been of use :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom