Sony RDR-HXD890 sound quality

paulo1981

Standard Member
Hi,

Can anyone offer any advise/comment regarding the sound quality of the sony RDR-HXD890, particularly when playing cd's/music stored on it?

I want to cut down on the number of units I have and so would like to use it as an all round media unit to play/store both DVD/television programs, but also CD's with the added benefit of storing some of my music collection on it.

I'd be hooking it up to a sony DA1200es AV amp running floor standing fronts in stereo when playing music - I'm not a sound quality fanatic so i'm wondering whether I would be better with a dedicated cd player, or would I not notice any difference?

Thanks

Paulo

ramjet

Banned
the purists here would disagree with me , but

I dont notice any difference when playing a cd on my sony 970 through the stereo input of my sharp stereo hi-fi

it also sounds fine to me from mp3 on the hdd or from cdr or dvdr as well

so I can and do use it as a cd player , music player , mp3 player , call it what you will

I cannot see the newer model being any different for a mr joe average`s entertainment

paulo1981

Standard Member
Thanks,

I think I will take the plunge as its seems to be a fairly multi functional unit.

Cheers

Paulo

trev27

Standard Member
TBH I don't think a purist would use MP3 anyway as they compress sound.
I would use it as you said and think you will be more than happy with it.

paulo1981

Standard Member
One further question - can it rip cd's to store them into the hard drive or can it only store music that is already in mp3 format?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom