Sony RDR-HXD870 - This Must Be Wrong !!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by deluk, Jan 15, 2008.

1. deluk

deluk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :mad:

Hi Everybody,

I have had the above sony DVD recorder and have a what seems to me silly question but need somebody to confirm I'm not going mad !!!!!

If the machine is switched off at the plug over night when I go to bed when I turn it on in the morning the DVD recorder has lost all its settings and goes back to its default settings and wants to go through its initial setup again !!!! This must be wrong !!! none of my other DVD players and last rocorder ot Sony Tv etc etc etc has ever done this surely it should be storing the settings in an internal EEPROM etc

Please can someone confirm this is not normal, sony helpdesk were useless and said this is completely normal !!!:nono:
    Cheers everyone

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    I do that with my sony 970b using a clock timer and I dont have any problems with it losing settings

read this thread here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689129

and read their email reply to me

Dear Mr ************

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

As the EPG data need to be updated by the broadcaster daily the automatic update cannot be turned off. The designers chose a time of the day they thought was going to be less intrusive and did not include the option of changing the time. I suspect they did not consider it a requirement.

In this instance, because the unit is in your bedroom and does disturb your sleep I can see no problem in turning it off while you are not using it or have a timed record saved.
    unquote

3. colin-s

colin-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    After being off for two days my 770 required the date/time to be set again but all other settings were still there.

Colin

4. tea_bag

tea_bag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Mine was turned off about 11.30 last night - turned back on 1pm today after the carpet fitters had finished, all settings were kept and the one timer recording I had was kept as well, clock set itself from digital signal.