Sony RDR-HXD870, RDR-HXD870S, RDR-HXD870B

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Forest_Phil, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Forest_Phil

Forest_Phil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease::lease::lease:

A little help please from the people who know... as this is sending me mad.....

So I understand that the basically the RDR-HXD870B is a black cased model and that the RDR-HXD870S is a silver cased model, but what is a RDR-HXD870?

I am in the market to purchase one of these 870's in silver but this morning I noticed one of the websites selling all three models and there was a £40 difference between the RDR-HXD870S and RDR-HXD870, which they showed both in silver!!! Confused the hell out of me... can anybody help... or is it simply just two models a "S" Silver and a "B" black?

For an example of this phenomenon, see EmpireDirect.co.uk and you will see the RDR-HXD870S at £219.99 and the RDR-HXD870 at £299!

If anybody knows where the specification sheets for al lthese models are (SonyStyle only seem to list the RDR-HXD870S and B) then would you post the URL so I can check out the difference if there are any!!!

Also, does anybody have sight of any superb, excellent, never to be missed deals at the moment? I see that when you serach the net you can get a new one delivered for about £203 (Digitaldirect.co.uk) but wit just 12 months warranty. Empire Direct are doing the 870S at £219 and as I already have an EDExtra Card I can get a free 3 year warranty... Seems like a good deal, but anybody know better?

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    checked empire for you ( got my 970b from there for £200 delivered :) ) and could only see the 1070b , the 870b and the 870s

they did have an 860 at £299.99p so maybe you confused the numbers ?

and s = silver and b = black as you thought

3. Forest_Phil

Forest_Phil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ramjet thanks.... seems liek my mind has gone.... yes EmpireDirect i showing an 860 and an 870..... yup minds gone!!!! So how come you got your 870B for £200, did you get them to price match?

4. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
  5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    As has been said there is only the S and the B... but I have seen retailers where they don't show the full model number; i.e. they leave off the S or B suffix. But they still usually tell you what colour it is....