Sony RDR-HXD870 freeview's not working

sundancebg

Standard Member
Reaction score
The dvd recorder is connected correctly to the aerial and the TV via HDMI cable.The analog tuner works fine.My aerial signal is pretty good.I even get the BBC,ITV,Channel 4 and BBC HD channels on my LG tv.When I try to auto scan the device it doesn't find any digital channels and when I check the signal it says 0%
It plays dvd's perfectly,I've got free space on my 160gb drive and the software version is 1.65

Has anyone experienced the same problems?
The device is in mint condition and I don't want to throw it away just because of that small issue,but I want to be able to record tv programmes,which I can not at the momment...
I'd be grateful for some advice
Thanks

Last edited:
this model has 2 separate tuners , so I would hazard a guess that you havent connected the digital tuner into the loop system on the rear of the machine ( in the middle ). if not use a loop cord as used on an old vcr to achieve this

details are in the instruction manual , with a diagram

Welcome to the forum.

If the cause of the issue is not as ramjet is suggesting, then try tuning the unit with the HDMI disconnected and the unit connected temporarily by scart only.

HDMI leads, under certain conditions, can leak RF and knock out some or all of the digital mutliplexes making tuning impossible.

If you are able to tune in this condition you require a new hdmi lead ...and possibly new RF flyleads with better screening.

Keep those leads as physically separate as is reasonably possible.

this model has 2 separate tuners , so I would hazard a guess that you havent connected the digital tuner into the loop system on the rear of the machine ( in the middle ). if not use a loop cord as used on an old vcr to achieve this

details are in the instruction manual , with a diagram

How amazing...that worked perfectly.
106 channels found!!!
I just made sure I'd be able to record this afternoon's ATP World Tour Finals...:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the help...much appreciated

no problem , seemed pretty obvious to me that you had the analogue tuner wired in and not the digital one for some strange reason

its clearly shown in the handbook so I have to assume you never read the full instruction in there

many people assume you use one input and one output , but on the sony you have the choice of analogue tuner , digital tuner , or both tuners

no problem , seemed pretty obvious to me that you had the analogue tuner wired in and not the digital one for some strange reason

its clearly shown in the handbook so I have to assume you never read the full instruction in there

many people assume you use one input and one output , but on the sony you have the choice of analogue tuner , digital tuner , or both tuners

I read it years ago,but looks like I lost it and forgot how to connect it properly...all sorted now:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom