Sony RDR HXD870 and Sky

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AD22, Jan 19, 2008.

1. AD22

AD22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i've seen some messages on the RDR HXD870 but as i am fairly inept technically, can someone in very simple terms explain to me how i connect my Sony dvd recorder 870 to the Sky box? I dont have a RF lead in the room where my equipment is so all i want to do is use the 870 to record any Sky channel that i want, just like Sky+...is that possible? I presume this way i can use Guide+ to show me Sky listings for easy recording and programming.....:rolleyes:

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    guide plus uses eurosport on sky for getting the listings , and if I understand correctly it needs it using a coax lead through the analogue tuner , and requires the guideplus IR sensor to talk to the box by placing the eye in front of the sky box sensor
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654255 has the details

as for connections , you can connect coax from the sky rf1 or rf2 output to the sony analogue input , and/or connect a scart lead from the tv rgb out on the sky box to the line 1 input of the sony 870

so you can use a scart lead , a coax lead , or both