sony RDR-HXD860 not remembering title names

cactuspete1

Novice Member
hi, not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this problem with the sony RDR-HXD860 dvd recorder. I have been having this issue a while. When i record a programme off tv and input my own title for the recording, sometimes when i switch off and unplug the recorder it does not remember the inputted title I gave the recording and it reverts back to the default title.

Does anyone know of a fix, or reason why it might be doing this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Is there maybe a step you're missing when you edit the title like save or memorise or similar?
Are these recordings saved to the HDD or a DVD disc?
BTW your model is a RDR-HXD860.

cactuspete1

Novice Member
ty for the reply JayCee, i type the title then go to title list where it is saves on HDD, then save to DVD if i need to. Then switch off and unplug. Next day or week, depending on how much i am using it, i switch on. When i check the title list it preserves the title names of all in the list except the last one i have made on the HDD.
Also thanks for correcting the typo:)

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Maybe our resident DVDR expert @Gavtech knows better.
Why not just keep the unit plugged in/powered? when not in use, power consumption is low and it will keep the clock setting.

cactuspete1

Novice Member
Jaycee, thanks for the reply:) i tend to use the unit in unpredictable amounts, leaving it for months sometimes with no use. If it is not being used for such a long time i tend to unplug it all the time because i never know how much or how little it will be used. Figuring out what the last forgotten recording label was I can manage, but its just a little bit irritating that it does it:(

I have a lot saved to the 160gb HDD with only about 20gb free space, could the limited amount of space i keep deleting and reusing cause it to happen do you reckon?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom