Quantcast

Sony RDR-HXD710 -Problem - Input select continuously cycles through all channel input

taposh

Novice Member
Hi,
Odd one this as its happened out of nowhere. The Sony DVD recorder RDR-HXD710 for about 4 years, but with Sky+ and PS3, it only gets used about once a week at the moment, so no heavy usage.

When I switch it on now the Input Select will not settle on one input. It continuously cycles through the channel inputs i.e. freeview > L1 > L2 > L3 > L4 > DV, and won't settle on one.

It will play a DVD OK, but now means I can't hook up camcorder to back up home movies, or copy stuff off the Sky box.

When playing a DVD it appears OK, but I have also noticed that the menu etc is acting difficult to control. I went into System Menu and could not select stuff properly by using the remote control or the little joystick on the panel on the unit itself.

Any ideas ? I've swapped around scart cables just in case it was a dodgy cable switching the input.

Cheers,

Taposh

Gavtech

Administrator
This suggests that the input select button is stuck - either on machine or remote.

Check the buttons.

Reset both the machine and the remote... by disconnecting both from mains and batteries respectively.

taposh

Novice Member
This suggests that the input select button is stuck - either on machine or remote.

Check the buttons.

Reset both the machine and the remote... by disconnecting both from mains and batteries respectively.
Gavtech - Thanks, but I did try this. Bit more severe now. When powered on none of the unit panel buttons work. More oddly, any key on the remote just seems to change the input select.

I guess a trip/quote from repairer is on order.

Top Bottom