Sony RDR-HXD560 dvd recorder digital set up problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Alex100, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Alex100

Alex100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Having won this DVD recorder machine in a raffle I was delighted, but now exaperated.

I think it is set up correctly, but when tuning on the 'set up', it cannot find any digital channels? I can record directly from sky providing the channel is showing using the record button. But nothing appears on the EPG guide and it is clearly not reading anything.

I do not have freeview
    The TV is Sony (an LCD type).

Any help/advice/explanation would be really helpful

Many thanks:Alex

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    You don't state if you have an aerial plugged in...but it won't find any Freeview (DVB) channels during autotune unless you have.
    The EPG will populate once it is tuned to the Freeview channels.
    To find out if you are in an area served by Freeview input your postcode here
    and it will tell you.

3. ows90

ows90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    The Sky channels will never appear in the EPG of the DVD recorder -- Sky is the auxiliary input (~AV2), and the recorder cannot discern anything further than that (like individual channels). You must leave the Sky on the channel you want to record. You should consider Sky+ if you want more advanced recording functionality.

Freeview on the other hand is different, as the DVD recorder actually has a tuner for it -- as JayCee described above.