• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony RDR-HXD560 and Tosh 32zd26p Progressive Scan

P

plopster256

Hello

I have just brought a Sony RDR-HXD560 and tried hooking it upto my Toshiba 32zd26p which appararntly has progressive scan support on its component input. I've looked on the forums here and the TV seems that it only supports NTSC progressive.

Normal interlaced mode works on component but when I try selecting progressive scan on the sony box no signal is recieved on the tv. I presume that the signal being sent out is PAL, is there anyway of changing this to NTSC? I have tried all possible combinations. If not would a reigon 1 DVD work? I don't have any to try!

Anyone got any ideas on how to get it to work?
Thanks in advance,
Richard

Tellyfiend

.... tried hooking it upto my Toshiba 32zd26p which appararntly has progressive scan support on its component input. I've looked on the forums here and the TV seems that it only supports NTSC progressive.

Well I have the same TV and my Panasonic DVD recorder also outputs prog scan, the manual says not to use the prog scan feature on CRT TV's but I tried it anyway. I got a picture (but very flickery), stick to non-prog, the picture's still great and gives the TV effectively another RGB scart quality input which it sadly lacks.

john key

Looking on page 93 of the manual it infers that progressive is NTSC as well as PAL, and in the specs it says that playback is NTSC and PAL. On page 93 it does say that in the test mode when setting up the prog scan some TVs will give distorted pictures and prog scan cannot be used. Perhaps your Toshiba is one of the unlucky ones. I set up prog scan on my HX-525 into my Panasonic PD30, but ended up switching it off. I found RGB to be just about as good, and I didn't like the permanent 16:9 picture you have to use on prog scan. It was alright for watching DVDs, but hopeless for watching anything I'd recorded.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom