SONY RDR-HXD1070..how good/bad?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by disco37, Sep 11, 2007.

1. disco37

disco37
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tested the 1070?
    I,ve heard good reviews on the 1065 and know that the 1070 has a bigger (500gb) hard drive! But is it as good as the 1060 performance wise??

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Forgive me for picking on your post... and there is certainly no offence intended, but please try and see how unanswerable a question like that is...unless we had a lab full of equipment with which we could make comparative judgements.

The alternative is that you find someone who has one and who says it is either good - or bad - and that would be fairly useless to you and would perhaps tell you more about the user and their expectation than it does about the machine.

Questions like this occur regularly on the forum... and they are pointless. Some one will come forward and say its good. Equally another will say it's bad, and you are no further forward.

Is there some particular aspect of the performance that concerns you?

I would assume [ but don't know for sure ] that the 1070 shares the same basic engine as the 770 / 870 / 970 and that the basic performance will be the same across the range ... with additional bolt-ons and refinements as you go up through the model range.
    So whatever applies to any of the other machines will, more than likely, apply to the 1070.

3. mrfreeview

mrfreeview

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own a HXD-1070

The HXD*70 series of machines are bascially all the same except for differing size of HDD.

My machine is currently at a S.Centre waiting for SONY design authority to come up with a fix for its failure to intermittently record via active digital EPG link.

You can read of this problem at this link

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606120

I hope my post has been of use :)

4. nigeltant

nigeltant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As I have said elsewhere on this site, I haven't had any trouble with my 970 and I am absolutely delighted with it. The EPG and series link both work fine and the recording quality is very good indeed. Dubbing to DVD is easy and gives great results. Minor irritations with menus aside, it is brilliant value - it just works really well! Additionally, and often overlooked, it is a great DVD player and the upscaling (I'm using it to 1080i) looks fantastic and adds real value to your DVD collection. Hope this helps!