Sony RDR HXD1065, are there any other options?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Alan A, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Alan A

Alan A
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to replace my buggy, failing more times than it works, Philips DVDR 890>

I am looking for something with a HDD, Freeview and record +R & +RW discs and has HDMi and iLink connections.

I am swaying towards the Sony RDHXD 1065, which seems to have all I want. But are there any alternatives out there? Is there another

I have SKY HD so have one HDD, plus a HD Plasma (though I will require a HDMI switching box as it only has one HDMI connection, and my Denon DVD player is using the Component link) I need the iLink for connection of my Sony HD Video camera (but again, I can record to disc on my computer)
    Is the 1065 worth the extra over the 860?

I have found a fairly good price at Empire Direct which includes free three year warranty for just under £500

TIA :smashin:

2. ChainsawDude

ChainsawDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Something to consider, if you switch from Philips to Sony (like I did a while ago) then you will notice that Sony do not support the DVD+ format as well as Philips do. The Philips preferred format is DVD+, Sony prefer the dvd- format, which if you switch is better.

3. Alan A

Alan A
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting.
    I have totally lost faith in Philips after the problems with the DVDR.