Sony RDR HXD 995 freeview Recordings blank

Radian

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a strange fault with my sony hxd995 some of the freeview recordings are blank! It has the duration and program details correct but no picture.

In the last week this has happened twice once on Ch5 and once on ITV 1.

Both channels are ok on screen and i have recordings from them that are ok too!

Are you connected by HDMI... and are you in the habit of changing or experimenting with resolution settings?

Yes its HDMI connected to my sony 40v3000 but i dont change the resolution.

Yes its HDMI connected to my sony 40v3000 but i dont change the resolution.

All I can suggest is that perhaps either some of your muxes are just on the cusp of reception and are sometimes falling just below... or is it possible you have been using the machine when it was making the recordings?

I mention this because some HDMI leads have been know to cause UHF interference, enough to knock out the reception of some muxes.

Perhaps the only real test for that would be to run it on scart only for a while and see if the problem re-occurs.

Generally, if the problem persists then keep a record of the channels involved because it may be possible to see a pattern emerging.

Incidentally were these manual recordings, timers or EPG programmed timer recordings?

All timer recording using the guide + system.

You cant use the box while its recoring it wont let you. Some of them were set at time when there was nobody home though!

I Will try to use a scart although its not ideal as i got the thing for upscaling through a HDMI lead so it would make it a waste of money.:mad:

Last edited:
Problem solved! I was away last week when i came home i noticed that it was only the recordings set at night that didn't work. I checked the channel setup and because i live on the edge of two reception areas the box had selected the wrong channel numbers for 5 and Itv they were ok during the day but the signal was lost at night.

Re assigned the channels to the correct numbers and all is fine now.

Sounds like you might have a 'wideband' aerial instead of the correct band for your best reception transmitter. Could be..

You can't use the box whilst it's recording??!! Is this the same for all HDD DVD recorders?

You can't use the box whilst it's recording??!! Is this the same for all HDD DVD recorders?

No it is not... nor is it true of this one.

I suspect that the OP is either not yet fully acquainted with the machine.... or was referring specifically to programming timers from the EPG whilst the unit is recording.

Yes there are some functions you can use while it records such as playback. You cant change the Digital channels though so you can't watch one while recording another on this unit, But like most my tv has freeview anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom