• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony RDR HXD 870 - will not retune channels and "Title List" not working

Stormy234

Standard Member
Hi,

My mum has a Sony RDR HXD 870 and she just called me to say when she switches the TV to the player, she just gets a blank screen. I went thru the steps to retune the digital channels, however whereas on my machine (I have the same model) when you navigate through the
"Replace Channels" > "Next Page" it then moves on to the Country Selector, and then retunes, on my mum's machine when she selects "Replace Channels" > "Next page" it then just reverts to "Replace Channels" - i.e. it will not even offer the option of selecting a country and then retuning.

It also will not show "Timer List" or "Programme Guide"

Her TV has lots of problems with reception with 'jigsaw' images on most of the channels, so I am wondering if
a) the DVD player has lost all channels and cannot get a signal to retune, or if
b) perhaps a cable has come loose at he back and it cant get the signal strength to retune, or if
c) perhaps its just 'broke'

Does any one have an experience of this sort of issue?

Thanks in advance

Stormy :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom