Sony RDR-HXD-870 Unable to get any BBC channels!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JOUSLEY, Jan 22, 2008.

1. JOUSLEY

JOUSLEY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this DVDR about a month and STILL struggling with set-up! Dumb? The BBC channels were there but unwatchable as breaking up, re-scanned today again and they're gone completely now! This is the final straw as still can't figure out how to record from my Virgin media box either! Sick of looking thru a manual that tells me loadsa stuff I don't wanna know and doesn't cover this. Spent loadsa time searching this forum and finally plunged in to ask. HELP!
    :lease:

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    the bbc channels etc are accessed using either the analogue section tuner , or the digital section tuner , or both tuners , from your terrestrial aerial

as for any virgin or sky , they are accessed either through connecting the analogue rf coax , or a scart to line 1 on the sony , or both

once you have the virgin channels connected then think of looking at them through guide plus so the sony turns them over as required

3. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    This problem is almost certainly an aerial issue.
    a. Have you got an outside Freeview aerial of the correct band for your area?
    b. Does it feed into the recorder with double screened ( ie. braid and foil) aerial lead.
    c. Are you in a good Freeview reception area ?
    This Sony recorder needs a good signal to operate effectively.
    Freeview signal strength is weaker than Analogue.
    I would recommend an aerial check before you dismiss the Sony - irrespective of the TV reception you have had before.

As for recording from an external source - a read of pages 61 and 79 may help. Post back here if you need more assistance, and we will help.

4. JOUSLEY

JOUSLEY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot. I'll start looking at it afresh tomorrow.

5. Spamlet

Spamlet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0