Sony RDR HXD-710 and RDR HXD 910

rogerh

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just picked up a rumour about these two new Sony Hard Disc/DVD Recorders due out around September/October this year.
They are both said to have Freeview Tuners :clap:
If so perhaps the long wait for a properly specked Sony machine is over!
Anyone out there heard any more?
It will be interesting to make the comparison against the Toshiba 34.

Lets hope they take on the lessons of the GXD500! EPG buffer Sony!

Rasczak said:
Lets hope they take on the lessons of the GXD500! EPG buffer Sony!
good review in what video widescreen but mentioning about restricted widescreen recording on dvd+r/rw
ive read in previous thread that all dvdr canrecord anamorphic 16:9 is sony exception

Just noticed that the 710 has appeared on the sony uk site today.

rogerh said:
I've just picked up a rumour about these two new Sony Hard Disc/DVD Recorders due out around September/October this year.
They are both said to have Freeview Tuners :clap:
QUOTE]

I believe the 910 has the larger HD - 160 instead of 80 and also includes an HDMI output.

Cheers, Dave C.

I think you'll find that the 910 has infact got a 250gb disk and the 710 a 160gb disk. The 710 is showing on the Sony site and appears to be available at many websites whereas the 910 will be available later in October.

You can find a manual for the non digital versions of the 510,710 and 910 on the sony.co.uk site.

Has anyone actually got one of these yet? If so, could you answer a few questions for me?

1. 121 Electricals site says this model has Showview and PDC etc. which implies it has an analogue tuner as well as digital, however, I thought the Sony models with digital tuners only had the one tuner, not both. Can anyone confirm the score?

2. EPG buffering for recording - Superfi's site says you can record via the EPG or manually. Am I right in thinking that other models such as the GXD500 had no way to record other than from the EPG and also without being able to add a buffer (per Rasczak's comments above). As Superfi's site suggest manual recording is possible this would get round the problem. Again, anyone know whats the score with this new model?

I may have more questions, but for now, any assistance would be appreciated.

breszh said:
Has anyone actually got one of these yet? If so, could you answer a few questions for me?

1. 121 Electricals site says this model has Showview and PDC etc. which implies it has an analogue tuner as well as digital, however, I thought the Sony models with digital tuners only had the one tuner, not both. Can anyone confirm the score?

2. EPG buffering for recording - Superfi's site says you can record via the EPG or manually. Am I right in thinking that other models such as the GXD500 had no way to record other than from the EPG and also without being able to add a buffer (per Rasczak's comments above). As Superfi's site suggest manual recording is possible this would get round the problem. Again, anyone know whats the score with this new model?

I may have more questions, but for now, any assistance would be appreciated.

If you do a search or 2, you will find threads on this that have been going for months. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom