Sony RDR-HXD 710/910/1010 models - News!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rogerh, May 9, 2005.

1. rogerh

rogerh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've just received info from our friends at Avland about the upcoming Sony models.
    This is the link for the 710-

http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/rdrhxd710/rdrhxd710.htm

Looks like October is going to be a good month.
    Lets see how the other manufacturers match up and hope there are no RGB problems re scarts which I see have been talked about on other threads.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
  3. Timur

Timur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rogerh,Rasczak

I've seen those links but cannot understand why AVLAND keep saying "tentative details" since 710/910 (analog tuner units) are released their features are well known and the D-models should just add the dvb tuner and HDMI on the 910.
    I also wonder if the RGB problem (what is EXACTLY? Could you summarize the problems with RGB on sony models?) affects UK models only (yet, it would be very strange) or not...
    My 710 is an italian unit (one of the first and bought via web) and as I pointed out in my posts, there is no RGB problem (rec, play and pass-through).

On AVLAND features of D710/D910: I wonder why UK models should lacks COAXIAL digital output (on Pixmania I've found that actual models have only one digital output)!! but if optical is enough and, above all, DV-in (on front panel) is really a DV input/output, well the exchange would be very convenient !!

Thanx in advance for your kind reply,

Timur