1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-HX910 [Annoying Timer Issue]

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BigBadFun, Jul 7, 2005.

1. BigBadFun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Everyone,

I recently bought the new Sony RDR-HX910 - one of the 1st to be landed in New Zealand.

I am very impressed with the machine, quality of the picture is surperb and has all the functions I will ever need.

The only gripe I have is an operational one and wondered if anyone else has this problem, knows of a workaround - or am I doing something wrong?

Timer programs can be set to "Update". ie: If I have a favorite weekly program I want to watch, I enter a timer recording of "Mondays" starting at "1930" ending at "2010". Then, a neat feature allows me to set this timer to "Update" so the following Monday, it records over itself and flags the recording as "NEW".

Neat. No problems so far.

So on my program list pops up a new recording called "1930 [0hr40min]" and a little "Update" flag indicating this recording will be updated every Monday. Nice. So I decide to "Set Title" of this ugly default recording name to "STARGATE" rather than the default. BUT (here is the problem)... the "Update" flag now disappears and next Monday a new recording is made and "STARGATE" (last Monday's recording) still exists.

The problem would be solved by allowing timer programs to be "Named" or not deleting the "Update" flag when renaming titles....

Anyone else follow me or know/care what I'm blabbering about? :eek: