1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-HX900 component confusion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fiendish, Sep 15, 2005.

1. fiendish

fiendish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I know this model is discontinued but I recently managed to track one down on ebay UK. I've been after it for a while as i was under the impression it had component in but now i've received it i've found that it doesn't, much to my annoyance. Are there two versions of this model in the UK? The US model is still available commercially and that definitely seems to have component in.
    If anyone has any thoughts or ideas of another model with component in, i'd be grateful for any advice.

Cheers,

Ollie

2. fiendish

fiendish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nobody? anyone know of any available recorder with component input?

3. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Hi Fiendish :) ,

I've got this recorder & it only has component Out Not In.

I don't think component In exists for DVD recorders. RGB via scart is very near & excellent on this machine.

You can get converters for component to scart, but it may cost around £100.

What are you trying to input to the recorder? Are there other connections available?

T.

4. fiendish

fiendish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wanted component as this recorder is to go in a professional enviroment and therefore wanted to avoid any converters if poss. annoying as the still available US ntsc model def. has component in. why the EU version doesn't i;ve no idea

5. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Scart RGB seems to be europe only, since the Americans don't use it. However,
    I'm sure if you get a good converter - I hear the JS ones are pretty good - the
    difference will be very slight. Still a pain, and an extra expense.