Sony RDR-HX900 AB Erase - stupid problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chobot, Oct 29, 2005.

1. chobot

chobot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I've copied some video from a camera via DV (using "One Touch Dubbing") to the internal harddisk.
    But when I try to edit it using A-B Erase, it almost always says:
    "No new data can be added to this disc."
    Sometimes (at some places of this video) it allows me to delete something, but mostly it doesn't.
    The manual says only: "If No new data can be added to this disc apears on the screen, erase any unwanted titles before editing".
    This is a stupid advice, because the internal disc is almost empty (about 25% of its capacity is used) :mad:
    Anyway, I tried to delete something, but it didn't help.

Any idea???? Please help! :lease:

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    As far as I'm aware the Sony HX900 and HX1000 had these sort of problems where it was incapable to cut and divide a complete recording on the harddisc therefore making A-B erase an almost impossible task. There was quite sometime ago a good thread all about this on the digitalspy forums. You may need to visit here to get your answer.

I have myself no personal experience of the unit other than some interest I expressed when it was out but the cut and divide feature reluctantly kept my money in my pocket..... probably just as well as it was not a cheap piece of kit ;)

3. chobot

chobot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, but this is something different. It doesn't have "divide" function, which is sad, but it has A-B erase. It worked, but today I faced the problem described above. So I would be glad if someone who knows how to solve it gives me his/her advice ...