Sony RDR-HX900/1000 or Panny E95

1ofaKind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi :hiya: ,

I am wondering for general use which of these is the better overall unit or (from reading lots of threads) is there not much to call between the 2.

I would be looking for recording general TV (and timechasing) (football, F1, Stargate etc so the times will vary). I would probably not archive too much to DVD but would want the ability. I'm not massively concerned about over the top editing functions as I have a PC/Capture Card/DVD writer to deal with that. I would also potentially require the ability to transfer old VHS / Camcorder to DVD.

Also I read the thread regarding the NTSC/PAL problems with recordings on the E85/E95 when recording to HD and watching a none PAL DVD. Does the Sony suffer from the same probelsm

Many Thanks

I had the Sony 900 for about 2-3 weeks. It was beautifully built and the picture was superb but I couldn't live with the fan noise and its lack of flexible record and some important editing features.

I exchanged it for the Panasonic DMR-E95 which I much prefer. I had a problem with the first Panasonic though, a DVD-RAM disc wouldn't eject and the machine wouldn't switch on properly, it kept looping by switching itself on performing a self test and switching itself off.

I had great service from Unbeatable.co.uk, even though I had the first Panny for over their 28 day limit they swapped it without any arguement. I'm now on my second Panny and keeping my fingers crossed.

Panasonic even sent me back the DVD-RAM that was stuck in the drive of the first machine and confirmed the machine was faulty.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom