1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-HX510 - timer record problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AMS69, Jul 15, 2005.

1. AMS69

AMS69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Sony RDR-HX510 hard drive dvd recorder for about a month now and up until this week it has been working perfectly.

However, all of a sudden the Timer Record function seems to have stopped working ... it will record ok if I do it manually, but when I set a timed recording nothing happens.

I've been through all the trouble shooting possibilities mentioned in the handbook (eg clock incorrect, has there been a power cut, enough space on dvd/hard drive, is PDC/VPS funcion on etc) and as far as I'm aware have ruled them all out.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and can anyone suggest what it could be? I'm sure it's something that I'm not doing properly.

2. RebootUK

RebootUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these DUAL units also and found the same problem with blank screen and sound etc etc. I've pulled my hair out, kicked the door and said a few choice words. :suicide: I even bought a scart-to-s-video which also wouldnt register. Most manuals have the various lead connection settings in picture format, anyone notice this manual does not? Anyway, I also suspect I'm going back for a refund. I assume that because this DVD writes that we no longer need our VCR's, the price you pay for being cheap? I have truck loads of videos to copy over. I did manage to get a recording from the VCR once but it took ages to reconnect all the scart leads in some reasonable order to get my sky back. I to phoned the Asda helpline number on the back of the manual. After telling me in what order to connect the scart leads she then promptly went on to tell me in which order I was to connect my RF leads...all 3 of them???? HELLO!! like what planet did she say she was from? Anyway, it's going back and like what has been said before, I'll treat myself to a dearer unit, when I can afford it. A hard drive model perhaps. Good luck to those of you with Dual recorders and would love to here if anyone finds the answer to the leads, blank screen, vcr recording and everything.
    (It's not 42)

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    RebootUK
    As you are a new member to this forum I will just gently point out that you have "Hijacked" this thread.........in other words your message has nothing at all to do with the message about the Sony DVDR posted above.
    What you have to do is post a new thread. :lesson:

4. RebootUK

RebootUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, thought it was in with the same theme. Sorry.

5. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    The guy who named it the "Dual" recorder was having a laugh - bound to lead to confusion.

Getting back to the point, I've had no problems so far with my 510. Can you describe step by step what you're doing? I'll try to replicate it.