1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY RDR-HX510 set-up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by smudgerpugs, Aug 12, 2005.

1. smudgerpugs

smudgerpugs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have taken delivery of my new DVD recorder today (Sony RDR-HX510) and I am attempting to connect it to my TV and Sky+ box. I thought it would be a matter of removing my DVD player and keeping the same (SCART) connections.

My TV has one RGB SCART so I have a scart from TV to Sky+ and then scart from Sky+ to DVD. This worked OK with my DVD player. It doesn't with my new Sony even though I have followed the instructions and I can't get any widescreen pictures from the Sony. Can anyone help?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    You don't say exactly which connections you are using on the Sky box and on the 510. This will be your best setup.

Take the TV scart from Sky (make sure Sky is set to RGB out) to L3 scart on the 510. connect the other scart on the 510 - L2 - to the scart on the TV. this way you'll get best quality recordings on the 510, and when its not being used the RGB signal will passthrough the 510 to the TV.

In the 510 setup menu under video make sure that L3 in is set to video/RGB and L2 out is set to RGB.

3. smudgerpugs

smudgerpugs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much PhilipB that works perfectly.