Sony RDR HX510 HDD Combining Query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sibleyj, Mar 13, 2006.

1. sibleyj

sibleyj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having a small problem with my Sony. Have followed the instructions for combining 2 tracks from the playlist, i.e. by choosing the 'Tools' option, but when I do this there is no 'Combine' option available.
    p.s. I am doing this from the 'Playlist' Tracklist and not the 'Original' tracklist. Any ideas?

2. abercrombie

abercrombie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming you mean to follow on from one track to another, with the sony HXD910 the only way of doing this is to put blank dvd in recorder, switch to HDD select title list, select tools, select dub selected titles, choose titles in order required. Hope this helps

3. sibleyj

sibleyj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for responding. The thing is I should be able to combine the programmes on the list. The instruction manual shows how to do this on the HDD (pg 70 i think) but when you come to do it there is no 'Combine' option available.

Any ideas?

4. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can combine titles on HDD but only as playlist.

There are two methods
    1. Combining titles (available only when you are in playlist mode).
    2. Adding titles while creating playlist.

Good luck

ArtS :hiya:

5. sibleyj

sibleyj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks ArtS. I will give this a try. I had an idea that this would be the case. I was trying to combine the titles from the 'Original' title list, rather than add them to the 'Playlist' title list then combine them. My other concern was that the instructions state that once titles have been combined they cannot be erased or edited from the original title list. Not sure what this means.

6. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I say from my memory:
    1. Display Title Menu (Original)
    2. Select first title which you want to combine.
    3. Press Tools then select Create Playlist.
    4. From displayed title list selectthe first title to combine (second time).
    5. You can choose one of two options: Capture or Capture All.
    6. After capturing selected title, recorder shows next screen, where you can add another title.
    7. If you want to, select Add, then select another title.
    8. And so on, so on.

It is normal. Playlist is strongly based on original titles, so you cannot change original title until you have any playlists based on it. Remember, playlist is only virtual entity of original title. So you can edit playlist without affecting original title. If you want to change original (or erase it) you have to erase any of playlists which are based on this title. Maybe it is difficult to understand, but this is the only way.

ArtS :thumbsup: