sony RDR-HX510 €396 on Pixmania

P

pug13

Hi, i have noticed that the sony RDR-HX510 is only €396 on pixmania this is very good considering its €600 every where in Dublin :confused: but is there a catch? are these european models going to work in ireland (ie do thy have a vhf tuner to pick up terrestial stations)? does any body know ? i have e-mailed pixmania and am awaiting a reply. also i noticed the web site says a "multi-brand remote control" included does this explain the low price. Does any body know what the "S" on the end of RDR-HX510 means, you see it some times. :confused:

GOODMAP

Standard Member
The "S" denotes the colour of the unit - silver versus black. Don't know about the other stuff though.

podgerodge

Standard Member
hi pug13, as I'm from Dublin and have purchased the HX710 (about Eur450) from Pixmania I can answer your questions!

Yep, its nearly 600 euro in the sony shop in Jervis street - I still slag them anytime I drop in. It's the same model.

The european model DOES have the VHF tuner so no probs with the channels - it's actually the UK model if and when it comes out that you would have a problem with.
The multi remote just means you can configure it to use it with your television etc - its still a Sony remote.
I am only speaking for the HX710 but the 510 should be the same - but I would strongly advise you to get the 160 gig version for the extra 50 quid or so - 1) because you have double the storage and 2) cos it has the DV in - connecting a digital camcorder which the hx510 does NOT have.

podge

P

pug13

thanks for that podgerodge, i think i''l get the 710, could you recomend any speaker package to go with that, prefably sony and without a dvd player, there is some good prices on pixmania but i could not find any reviews of the kit there selling (not even on the sony uk website) .thanks again

grd2

Standard Member
Not sure if this is any relevance in Dublin but i am investigating a 910 option in England and "Northerner100" has pointed out that RDR-HXD 910 denotes digital freeview tuner rather than analogue without the "D".

T

Tony H

Pug,

Just a word of warning - saw a post on another forum about that company.

They really slagged them off coz they brought it in UK (UK addresses on web site etc) but when they had a problem it had to be sent to France (where I understand from the post they are actually based!). It cost him £50 so you might want to bear that in mind.

Tony H