Sony RDR-HX1000 not working

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by skjalgth, Apr 10, 2005.

1. skjalgth

skjalgth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi anyone who knows what causes this problem:
    I came back from 1 week of holliday today and put the Sony on with
    the standby button but it didn't respond.
    Instead the recorder shows "WELCOME" in the display and after a minute or so it shows "LOAD" and then 5 secopnd after that is shows "POWER OFF" and goes back to "WELCOME". It does this all the time in a loop.
    Have tried unplugging power, and disconnected the cables from the HDD and back again to no luck.
    I think that the HDD is faulty, can hear a sound when it tries to turn on when "LOAD" shows.
    Anybody seen this problem, do I have to send it to repair and all recordings are gone?

Many thanks

2. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once on my SONY 900, after using dirty disk to record on (the machine says it is dirty), the display showed WELCOME, POWER OFF, WELCOME again, nad finally it turned OFF.
    Than I switched it back to ON and it was OK. No more problem of any kind. May be sofware glitch.

3. Monét

Monét

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This happend to me several times while I was trying to make some HSD. Sony said the same thing, but a thing that you have to wait every time that Sony comes up is frustrating. In case that HSD doesn't work and those things happen, you have to do dubbing in real time (not HSD) and everything seems ok. This usually happens only when you use a media he doesn't like it.

4. Cippico

Cippico
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If it's the same as the HX900, then on page 103 of my manual it describes various faults. Whilst none are exactly the same as yours, there are some suggested fixes, including pressing and holding the power button for ten seconds and also the more drastic press-and-hold of the HDD button, which formats your HDD.
    Good luck.
    Andy