Sony RDR-HX10 DVD/HDD Recorder

A

AUDAGOST

Anybody know when this bad boy is going to be released in the UK?

Attachments

• rdrhx10.jpg
    rdrhx10.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 702
:smoke: very very nice.

Some scandinavian site has it at 1200 euros so £830.

It has a younger brother (HX8) as well but don't know the difference.

Don't know when it's coming mind!

Originally posted by AUDAGOST
I hope that it is that cheap, but somehow I dont think it will be...

Agreed. I'd expect nearer a grand knowing Sony.

Mind you my GX7 was £600 so another £230 for a HDD is not too bad?

I'd rather wait for this little lovely, hopefully out this year and just released in Japan:

Sony's PSX, including 160 or 150GB HDD recorder, satellite tuner, DVD player and recorder, Playstation 2, ethernet, and store and playback mp3s and photos too

psx.jpg

Have heard conflicting reports that these new Sony's DON'T have any firewire connections. Could someone perhaps verify this esp. the HX-8 and HX-10 as these machines may be the one for those not quite so keen on the Panny E-100 or Pioneer 5100H (imagine a 250GB HDD machine with PQ of the RDR-GX7) Having no RGB in is one thing but to omit firewire as well is a sin (if that is the case) We should hear a LOT about these new Sony's after this weekends CES in Vegas ..... hope someone posts us all the details.

Cheers

I think one of the links I read said NO to DV input for the 8 and 10 but I assumed that was one of those "we don't know so we'll put no" type lists.

I would be suprised if they didn't! (I'd expect the 10 to have one anyway).

Well the details are up at Avland.

10 does have firewire. And a massive massive hard drive.

This ain't going to be cheap.

Both look good though, all the best of features emailled to ask when they are expecting them. Was planning on getting a recorder but will probably be waiting on this one now perhaps without DVI as I don't have a camcorder but I will wait and see what the price difference is.

Its disappeared off avland.co.uk after being there for a few months, does this put a UK release in doubt?

don't know about the HX 8/10, but Sony have confirmed a release of the PSX later in the year for Europe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom