1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDr-GXD210S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bignairy, Oct 9, 2005.

1. bignairy

bignairy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've seen a fair bit of bad press for this machine from earlier in the year. Has anyone bought one recently and had problems with the RGB passthrough quality?

2. psyclick

psyclick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, I (stupidly) bought one without checking here first, and they do still have the RGB passthru problems. I'm calling the supplier first thing tomorrow to see if I can get it replaced, any suggestions on what I should get instead ?

Also, not seen it posted anywhere before, but I've also got a problem with NTSC discs, in that you get a 'stepping' thats extremely noticeable on wide panning shots, I connected up my old Sony 725 and the same scenes play back very smoothly.

Don't want to hijack your post, but anyone any ideas on the NTSC problems ?

3. vickylin

vickylin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I"ve got the machine connected with freeview box and I didn't have any RGB problem with it. I can view digital channel without switing the machine on, and my recording is fantastic.
    (Bought the recorder in July in Dixon, works like a charm!)

Regarding the NTSC problem, the machine isn't multi-region unless you hacked it. I have bought the hacking disc from ebay and I personally haven't encounter any problem with imported DVD so far.

4. bernas

bernas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought a DVD Recorder RDR-GX210 but I'm unable to record some TV channels. I have the recorder connected to a tv box through the scart cable and when I try to record appears the following message: «UNABLE TO REGISTER SIGNAL». Does anyone know what this means? Thank you all for your help.
    Bernardo