Sony RDR-GX7

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rookies, May 13, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Have anyone here got Sony RDR-GX7 DVD recorder? If so how is it rated?

2. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I don't think it's out in the Uk till June. The price i saw recently on AV Land i believe was £750 but no HDD. It's main claim to fame as far as i could tell was the +rw/-rw/-r cababilities.
    I'm looking at buying this month or next a recorder and was going for the HS2 but then i read up on the Toshiba and that seems a decent alternative to the HS2?

3. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Regardless that the Sony RDR-GX7 can write to +rw/-rw/-r I think the price is totally wrong and that kind of price a HD should be in the box.

IMHO I think the sales of the Sony RDR-GX7 will be poor, It's clear Sony are way behind, Panasonic and Philips are onto 3 or 4 generation models DVD Recorders in Europe. I predict that the Sony RDR-GX7 will drop in price after 6 Months and a new Sony DVD Recorders will be launched.

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Thanks guys for your comments

I though it was a bit pricey for what it is aswell. I too been looking at panasonic but still unsure which

5. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed that the Sony is too expensive. Why didn't they include a hard disk? It's not as if it would have cost much to include a 60Gb disk. Anyway I'm waiting on the new Toshiba machine. It looks promising but I still haven't been able to determine what colour it is. I'll wait for the reviews to see if the picture of the DVD player is any good.

6. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi all,

I believe Pioneer are due to bring out two hard drive based recorders but I don't know when (possibly the summer). I've been on the Japan website and come up with two available there, the DVR-77h (80GB) and the DVR-99h(120GB). Unfortunately my Japanese isn't up to scratch therefore don't know anything else about the specs. I'm looking at he HS2 also but might wait to see what the Pioneer is like - anyway it's got bigger hard drives!

cheers

Mel