1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Rdr-gx7

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ataribaby, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ataribaby

ataribaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just found there to be a problem with my dvd recorder,after recording material info write seems to take forever then ejects disc with a short bleep and a diagnostic message C13-00 I know that this means that the disc is dirty although they are not as they are brand new!! This problem happens intermittentley and it doesn't have a problem playing back "dirty discs" Will i have to fork out extortionate amounts of money to have this problem rectified? A disgruntled sony fan!!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    It probably just doesn't like the brand of media your using. Try a different brand!

3. Ozxplorer

Ozxplorer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, I've had trouble with 4X +RW media (TDK, Verbatim, even Sony!!!)....Brand new discs, seems to format OK (some even fail to format) but then stops recording after a few minutes and displays that awful error message!

Marketed as dual format recorder but I found it's more reliable with 2X -RW media, so what's the deal with that? Anyone know if there's firmware update to make it recognise and work with more media varieties (like PC DVD burners)???

It absolutely surprises me that Sony branded media is having problems on a Sony recorder!!! What's up with that???

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Sony DVDR media is currently made by TDK. I appreciate what your saying though: you would have thought they would have ensured compatibility before stamping their brand on it!

5. turbohat

turbohat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    C13:00 error is the diagnostic code I dreaded.

My old and beloved Sony 735 player is in the tip now as it kept skipping after a layer change and giving that error even with brand new commercial DVDs.

I was quoted £130 to have it fixed but begrdged spending that and bought a GX300 recorder instead

6. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I get the very same problem as you guys, my machine went back to Sony for a So Called "Fix", but it's still the same.
    Does anyone know of a cure for this problem? or is it just time to buy a new machine? (Non Sony Brand) :thumbsdow