Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sony rdr gx7 new dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alwyn, Apr 25, 2003.

1. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sony are launching this on may 21 and the rrp is around £800 in the uk.If you look at the same product available in june in the us the rr price is $800(£512) why is it we have to pay so much more?
    AV-LAND are about the best with a price of £750 and you get 50 free sony dvd discs.HI-FI CONFIDENTIAL are offering £699 but no discs

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    I can only think this product will fall in price dramatically - otherwise why would they sell any? For the price of this machine you could get a Panasonic E50 AND a Philips 880!

Alternatively you could get the HDD/DVDR combos from Panasonic or Toshiba which give you many more options than the Sony - as well as a sizeable amount of change (over £100).

I suppose some people might buy it because it records to both formats but I prepared to bet the majority will only use DVD-RW (and write-once media obviously) when they experiement with the machine meaning they could have got one of the upcoming Pioneer models for half the price.