sony rdr gx7 new dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alwyn, Apr 25, 2003.

1. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sony are launching this on may 21 and the rrp is around £800 in the uk.If you look at the same product available in june in the us the rr price is $800(£512) why is it we have to pay so much more?
    AV-LAND are about the best with a price of £750 and you get 50 free sony dvd discs.HI-FI CONFIDENTIAL are offering £699 but no discs

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    I can only think this product will fall in price dramatically - otherwise why would they sell any? For the price of this machine you could get a Panasonic E50 AND a Philips 880!

Alternatively you could get the HDD/DVDR combos from Panasonic or Toshiba which give you many more options than the Sony - as well as a sizeable amount of change (over £100).

I suppose some people might buy it because it records to both formats but I prepared to bet the majority will only use DVD-RW (and write-once media obviously) when they experiement with the machine meaning they could have got one of the upcoming Pioneer models for half the price.