1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Rdr-gx300s

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by G.M., Dec 26, 2004.

1. G.M.

G.M.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought this dvd recorder.When I stop playback of a dvd the screen goes green and emits a loud thumping sound.Is this normal?
    Regards,
    G.M.

2. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to Hijack th thread and all but...

I'm considering this recorder and had a few queries I hope you (or any other GX 300 owners) might be able to help with.

After reading a review in What HiFi it suggests recording operation is noisy, is this true? and if so does it impact on viewing (at normal audio levels). Is this noise limited to recording? ie: is playback unaffected?

3. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    This is definately not normal but could be down to a faulty DVD. Check the following first:

1. Does the DVD replay if you press play?
    2. Are you using a DVD-R/-RW or a DVD+R/+RW?
    3. Check another brand of DVD-R/-RW or DVD+R/+RW and see if the same problem occurs

This is not specific to Sony DVD recorder but some faulty/incompatible recordable DVD's can make players emit strange noises as the laser mechanism attempts to track and read the disc TOC before playback or recording.

If you still get no joy, return the player for a replacement.