Sony RDR-GX300

gsm31

I bought a Sony RDR-GX300 DVD Recorder back in 2005,used it for a couple of years and put it into storage.
As everything has gone digital and the Sony has an analogue tuner,is it still usable or should I replace it?
Ideally,I would like a DVD Recorder with a hard disk built in.
I prefer Sony equipment but it seems they no longer make DVD Recorders.
I've been looking at the Panasonic DMR-EX83EB and the LG RHT599H.(Which would be the best to get?)
The idea is to transfer programmes from the Sky+HD box onto the DVD Recorder Hard Disk if space is getting tight on the Sky+HD Box and burn off any programmes I want to keep.
Can the above DVD Recorders record onto USB storage/Media Card for playback on a tablet?
Thanks in advance.

Hi mate.

If I were you, I'd bin your current DVD recorder, as you'll only be able to use it with a Freeview box, and it gets complicated!

I'd go for the Panasonic as they are much better than ANY rivals at present (keep an eye on Moderator "Gavtech's" postings, he'll confirm this).

I don't think you can record on anything but DVDs and Hard disc with any of these class of machine.

Rob:)

ADAMFOULKES

The GX300 is easy to use with sync record. Set ur sky planner up and turn on the sync. Works like a dream So not dead yet

See below post.

Last edited:
The GX300 is easy to use with sync record. Set ur sky planner up and turn on the sync. Works like a dream So not dead yet

Even with Sky+HD? I doubt it Adam.

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom