sony rdr-gx3 noise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mickey, May 17, 2004.

1. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    hi,
    I have just relocated my gx3 from a enclosed video cabinet to a open plan tv stand and have just noticed how incredibly loud the fan is even when the recorder is not recording just powered up, is this normal how loud is yours. For example if there is only dialogue from the tv i can hear the fan and i am sat about 3.5 mtrs away and it is loud enough to be distracting. :eek: cheers for any info. Mike

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can tell when mine is turned on but I don't find it overley distracting.
    I can sit a metre away with the TV on and whilst I can hear it is on it isn't THAT loud.
    I did sit mine on a spare carpet tile as I found with the fan going it tended to make the rack it was stood on "hum" with the vibration,might be worth trying something similar.

3. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    cheers for the info m8, maybe it is not as loud as I perceive it to be but it is still far to distracting for my taste, I will try your trick with a bit of carpet to see if that helps!, If not a trip to ebay looks likely :rolleyes: . thanks again

4. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I notice the fan noise as soon as the GX3 is powered up but gotta say it's not obtrusive and, in my case, completely imperceptible when the volume is at normal. Mine is on an open glass audio stand and I'm sitting about 2.5 mtrs away

5. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    At least the fan on the GX3 switches off in standby! I also have a JVC DR-M1, and it stays on all the time. :eek: The only way to make it switch off in standby, is to disconnect the scart from the Freeview box. :rolleyes: