Sony RDR-GX3 and Freeview problems (L3)

laser

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbour has just bought a new LCD TV and as part of the package they gave him a Sony RDR-GX3 recorder.

He's trying to record Freeview on the DVD recorder but is unable to to get the GX3 to pick up the decoder picture.

He asked me to have a look and I have read of the manual and tried various different combinations of wiring but simply can't get the GX3 to see the picture output from the Philips Freeview box via scart. Even updated the firmware on the Philips Freeview box.

Has anyone else connected their Freeview box to their GX3 and could give me some help? I'm at a total loss here.

This is the present setup:

1. Freeview box connected via fully wired scart from the video output to the scart (L3/DEcoder) input on GX3. Have tried many different scart leads.
2. Freeview decoder has been set to RGB/SVHS and PAL (no difference).
3. Input selector on GX3 skips the L3 input going from L1, L2, L4
4. Have gone into "Easy Setup" on GX3 to tell recorder we are going to connect a decoder via L3 with RGB picture. Freeview box is set to output RGB.
5. The picture setting under "Setup" for the L3 input is not vailable (greyed out).

:confused:

Laser: I just got the same DVD recorder, but using it with Sky box no problems. Line 3 should not be set to Decoder (I made that mistake initially); you have six options (I think): reset line 3 to output video/rgb (either with S-video out or not), and ensure component output is off (I know that component overides scart, but doesn't really give better quality as not progressive scan). Hopefully that'll do it.

Hi

Thanks for the help. It worked a treat :smashin:

My neighbour is now very happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom