sony rdr-gx210 started rejecting my discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robinp, Sep 6, 2007.

1. robinp

robinp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:Hi, I bought this sony dvd rdr-gx210 about june 2007. It's been working pretty well up to now with the use of 4 dvd -rw discs that I have been recording movies on. I found out yesterday that it had failed to record a movie that I had put in the night before. However, when I went to put in another disc for watching, it rejected the disc with the statement on the screen: "Cannot play this disc". It did the same thing with the other 3 discs. When I tried 2 or 3 of my cd music discs that I had made on my laptop, they worked fine. I then put in a shop-bought dvd of "Evita", it rejected that too. I cannot think of anything out of the ordinary that I have done with this machine. Does anybody on this great forum have any suggestions?
    robinp

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    Two things to try:

1 - A power reset - i.e. disconnect all power for a few minutes.

2 - A DVD Cleaning disc.

3. robinp

robinp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi gavtech,
    I did boot the system for 30 secs before, but I'll try again for a few minutes as you suggest. As far as the cleaning suggestion, why would the cd's work & not the dvd's? Thanks for the suggestions anyway!
    robinp

4. robinp

robinp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again gavtech,
    Suggest you have a look at Page 5 of this thread: "Sony RDR-GX210- Help!!----etc, etc. It's come as a big shock to me, because I only bought this 3 month's ago, & guess where"" Yes--E-Bay!!!!
    robinp