Sony RDR-DC100 which button is the 'Marker"?

dc1948

Standard Member
When attempting to mark my selection for recording from HDD to DVD the manual shows a diagram of which button to use to mark. But that button is also named 'timer'. It will not work as a marker. How do I mark my selection?
Cheers DC

Gavtech

Administrator
When attempting to mark my selection for recording from HDD to DVD the manual shows a diagram of which button to use to mark. But that button is also named 'timer'. It will not work as a marker. How do I mark my selection?
Cheers DC

Welcome to the forum.

Have you carefully followed the sequence of instructions that are on Page 71 column B of the manual?

dc1948

Standard Member
Hallo Moderator.
Thankyou for your reply.
I am following the manual. I have tried again step by step as per manual p71. This brings me eventually to the 'Dubbing List' which lists the 3 progs I recorded to HDD last night. At that point I am unable to 'mark' my selection for burning to DVD.
(When I press the RED button which at that point selects 'Start Dub' I am asked to select before proceeding.)
There is an option to press the yellow (if I remember correctly) button, called 'Selection'. The choice from that dialog box is to 'Select All' or 'Unselect All'. I have selected ALL and that had placed the 'markers' (Ticks) beside the 3 progs. As I am trying out the machine I have then selected 'Start Dub' and the machine is merrily 'dubbing' to DVD as I write. I was unable to remove individual ticks/markers because that required using the Marker/Timer button which as has been evidenced, defaults to putting me into manual-record-mode.

Thanks Again
David

Gavtech

Administrator
Hallo Moderator.
Thankyou for your reply.
I am following the manual. I have tried again step by step as per manual p71. This brings me eventually to the 'Dubbing List' which lists the 3 progs I recorded to HDD last night. At that point I am unable to 'mark' my selection for burning to DVD.
(When I press the RED button which at that point selects 'Start Dub' I am asked to select before proceeding.)
There is an option to press the yellow (if I remember correctly) button, called 'Selection'. The choice from that dialog box is to 'Select All' or 'Unselect All'. I have selected ALL and that had placed the 'markers' (Ticks) beside the 3 progs. As I am trying out the machine I have then selected 'Start Dub' and the machine is merrily 'dubbing' to DVD as I write. I was unable to remove individual ticks/markers because that required using the Marker/Timer button which as has been evidenced, defaults to putting me into manual-record-mode.

Thanks Again
David

Hello David

According to my information the 'marker' button is the small circular button to the immediate North West of the navigation wheel - So not the Timer button.

Try that. - Good luck.

dc1948

Standard Member
Thanks again Moderator
The button 'north-west' on this handset is the button that I keep trying. That is Button 16 in the manual and supposed to be the marker. But on this handset it is clearly labelled 'Timer' and that is definitely its function at the moment.

I now notice that this handset has some differences to the handset in the manual.
1,2,3,4,5,6, All Correspond
7 (Clear) is AUDIO
8 (Zoom) is CLEAR
9 (Text) is TV/DVD
10 (Audio, Subtitle, Menu, Timer) is SUBTITLE, ANGLE, text, MENU
11,12,13,14, All Correspond
15 All Correspond
16 (Marker) TIMER
17,18,19 All Correspond
20 (Favourites) DISPLAY
21 All Correspond
22 (Display) TV PAUSE
23 All Correspond except (Synchro Rec) = HDD/DVD and the button itself is embossed in red with DUB
24 (TV/RADIO) ZOOM
25 All Correspond
26 (TV/DVD) PLAY MODE
The number at the base of the handset is RMT-D251P.

The handset in my possession differs to the one in the manual in 3 labels/functions:
The handset in my possession has PLAYMODE, ANGLE, TVPAUSE
The handset in the manual has TV/RADIO, MARKER, FAVOURITES.
I must be the wrong handset? David

According to Sony the correct remote is RMT-D258P.

The RMT-D248P was supplied with my older model HDD recorder - Sony RDR-HXD870. According to an Amazon seller some older model Sony RDR-HXD models were originally supplied with the RMT-D251P and its now superceded by the identical 248P.

It could of course be the same internals (as the RMT-D258P) but as the correct button on yours doesn't function as expected, I guess not.

Last edited:
If you need to purchase the correct remote see here

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom