Sony RDR 900 in black, import?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tricky955, Jan 26, 2005.

1. tricky955

tricky955

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very interested in purchasing the 900 or maybe the 1000 if anyone can justify the higher price for the 1000 against it's features. So my question is does anyone know where i can buy a black version of the above models? Looking on ebay it certainly seems there is a black version available to the German market so it does exist but I can't bid for something where I don't understand the text! I assume all euro models would run in the uk, aside from a french player maybe? Any help greatly appreciated as i refuse to taint my all black set up with a silver sore thumb!

2. Ricardfred

Ricardfred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought mine from www.technikdirekt.de in Germany. Cost is 679 euros (£470)for the black (schwarz) model. They have an English version of website. Mine works perfectly but you do get a european model which has the following differences - two pin plug (I had no difficulty inserting this in our 3 pin sockets), no video plus (manual timer is as easy to use, so no great loss), and no English instruction book (just download it from Sony site). Shipping to UK is 20 euros by DHL. Took 2 weeks roughly from ordering.