Sony RDR 725 - Sky - B&O Avant problem

R

Richard ilam

First of all I would like to thank those who kindly help me with the remote control issue. It has been successfully sorted.

Now one word about my setup

I have a Sony RDR HX 725 (multiregion added by RGB in Ilford) linked via Line 3 to my Sky digibox Panasonic TU-DSB31

Both the DVD recorder and the Sky digibox are connected via scart to my B&O Avant 32 (the older version with the VCR incorporated).

The issue

While I can record from VHS tapes nicely and from the DVD recorder TV tuner channels I have a problem when recording from SKY programs.

If I want to record let's say from UK TV History after 10 - 20 minutes the screen goes totally WHITE. I have to press SAT on the B&O control to be able to see the SKY channels again. If I do not do that the screen remains while while the DVD recorder records well nothing from THAT point on.

When looking back at the video on the Hard Disk the file is fine until it goes black (when the screen goes white) then it resumes receving the signal after the operation above.

So what is wrong I humbly ask?

when I use the Guide+ the DVD seems able to "talk" to the digibox nicely in that it downloads all the programs guide and can change the channel from the DVD. So the digibox and the DVD seems to understand each other.

Any help?

Thank you

Riccardo

well it seems that after 30 minutes the Sony DVD recorder switches off the Panasonic digibox while it continues to record!

this regardless of the channel

is it possible that there is some sort of protection scheme at work?

I recorded fromm BBC 3 last night more than one hour and no problem.

Again this morning from Motors TV (Sky 413) and more than one hour... no problems!

However I did program last night in UK TV History and the Sky box was turned off!

I am just asking before I consider sending back this product.

If one can normally record the UK TV channels on VCR for years how is that now with the DVD recorder I can just manage 1 hour... also which channels are protected if there is such a scheme? Am I supposed to test each channel before considering scheduling a recording?

it seems a bit odd but any suggestions will indeed really appreciated!

Riccardo

Don't use that system to record.

Press tv guide on sky remote, select, enter channel no - ie 129, use right cursor arrow to highlight the prog you wish to record, select, red, standby (digibox light goes red).

Press synchro rec on dvdr remote for 3 seconds.

Elliott

If you want to record from the dvdr tuner, do so as normal, then press tv/dvd on the dvdr remote; then press sky on sky remote to watch satellite.

Dear Elliott

No problem as per recording from the Tuner. I am all right there.

But the rest is a mess and I am quite frustrated.

So about the wiring...

the Sony DVD recorder line 3 is connected to the Panasonic tu-dsb31 LOWER scart (the VCR scart label)

the Sony DVD recorder line 1 is connected to the Bang & Olufsen Avant using the Line 1 scart

the Panasonic scart (the one at the TOP) is connected to the B&O television

I do not use the Sky remote because with B&O it is all integrated in one control

can anyone explain then why some channels create this problem of switching off the Panasonic box?

why the 30 mins issues on some channels (like UK TV History and UK Documentary but NOT on BBC 3) when I simply press record on the DVD remote and let the recorder go on?

How can I just press record and leave the DVD record doing its job being confident that after 30 mins it is not stopped?

How can I actually program a schedule then if I am not allowed to use the EPGuide+ system?

This problem is caused by your b & o tv - its to do with the pin voltages through the scart lead when your recordings kick in; after a while your tv thinks that the recorder is in standby (voltage level drops below the level that the tv reads) and it cuts the output from that scart on the tv - pic goes white. When you press sat, the tv switches to that scart and the tv will resume output back to the dvdr.

Your only option is to wire up as i said previously, with the scart from dvd going to the tv's dvd scart and use the actual sky remote.

Your dvdr is not faulty, its a common problem with integrated b & o tv's!

Dear Elliott

thanks for the suggestions.

Hence I have pulled the scart plug off that connects the ski-digibox from the b&o TV. I will try some tests today and I will let you know but I am sure you are quite right.

Thing is with B&O before I had one control doing the lot: now I have the B&O control, the DVD control and (back!) the Sky control. But I guess it is the price to pay...

one question tough... why I could record from BBC 3 (from dig-box) after the infamous 30 mins?

Ric

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom