Sony Pulse 3D and Pioneer VSX-933

foxyfoxy

Hiyas! :) Hope everyone is well!

Would anyone know if the Sony 3D Pulse headset can be used with the Pioneer VSX-933?

I am not massively techy, but I’ve managed to set up a projector with the AVR, and a surround sound system. However, out of respect for the neighbours, I’d like to be able to watch films with headphones, when it gets later at night.

I have plugged the headset dongle into front and back USB ports, and the headset does seem to connect to the dongle… but I am not sure how I then tell the AVR to use the headset, instead of the wired speakers? I can’t seem to spot anything within the AVR menus… but that could just be my old lady brain!

Any advice massively appreciated!!

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member
Doubt it will work, as guessing the USB ports are for inputs as opposed to outputting sound. Best option would be to wire the pulses to the amps headphone jack (assuming the pulses have a 3.5mm socket).

If you are watching films / netflix on the ps5 you can just use them wirelessly that way.

foxyfoxy

Doubt it will work, as guessing the USB ports are for inputs as opposed to outputting sound. Best option would be to wire the pulses to the amps headphone jack (assuming the pulses have a 3.5mm socket).

If you are watching films / netflix on the ps5 you can just use them wirelessly that way.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am watching films on Apple TV, as the PS5 is connected to a normal TV upstairs. I will have a gander at the audio jack option, thanks. :)

TheHighFlyingBirds

Distinguished Member
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am watching films on Apple TV, as the PS5 is connected to a normal TV upstairs. I will have a gander at the audio jack option, thanks. :)
Something like this will do, obviously needs to be long enough to reach your amp.
Amazon product

I have one (different brand), but it works with my older sony golds, and plugging it into your amp should automatically disable your speakers so only sounds comes out of of the headphones.

foxyfoxy

Something like this will do, obviously needs to be long enough to reach your amp.
Amazon product

I have one (different brand), but it works with my older sony golds, and plugging it into your amp should automatically disable your speakers so only sounds comes out of of the headphones.

Aw thanks, lovely! I’ve found a 3.5 to 6.5 adapter and tested a short double ended 3.5mm wire, and it worked as you said. I think I’ve got a super long audio cable in the loft, already, so will have a look for that tomorrow :)

Using my airpods for tonight, but hopefully the Sonys will be a bit more comfortable and better sound. I probably should have got a decent bluetooth set of headphones, but only way to get a PS5, at the time, was to buy the bundle. Nothing ever goes smooth, eh? LOL

Really appreciate your time.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom